October, the month of the Rosary
October is the month of the Rosary, and so our GIFT Team led our focus across school.
They shared their learning of where the Rosary started with St. Dominic when Mary appeared to him asking him to say the Rosary instead of the psalms.
The Rosary includes the Our father, the Hail Mary and the Glory Be prayers. Each decade of the Rosary represents each of the five joyful, sorrowful and glorious mysteries.
- The Annunication
- The Visitation
- The Nativity of Jesus
- Jesus is presented in the temple
- Jesus is found in the temple
- The agony in the Garden of Gethsemane
- The scourging at the pillar
- The crowning of thorns
- Jesus carries His cross
- The crucifixion of Jesus
- The Resurrection of Jesus
- The Ascension of Jesus
- The Holy Spirit comes to Mary and the Disciples
- The Assumption of Mary
- The Coronation of Mary