Context of our School Setting
- Guardian Angels' is a voluntary aided Roman Catholic Primary school within the diocese of Salford; a single form entry, set within a suburb of Bury.
- 237 pupils on roll, 28 children eligible for free school meals (11.8%), lower than the national average; 8 pupils with EAL and 19 with SEND on roll.
- We provide full time places for three- and four-year-old children in the nursery.
- Our Executive Head leads two schools which form a federation. She is a ‘Leader in Education’ for NPQ for Leading Teaching and a full-time Head of School.
- We work collaboratively with our sister school (Our Lady of Lourdes) to maximise our offer and widen the range of provision for our children.
- We have an established Forest School timetabled for every year group to access regularly as part of our cross curricular approach.
- The school exceeds government standards in both attainment and progress and children leave KS2 with results that are above the national average.
- Guardian Angels' RCPS is currently rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.