What to Wear
Forest School Clothing
Where we grow, alongside nature.
We love to go out whatever the weather (unless it’s high winds and lightning as it’s not safe to be under trees!) ... but otherwise, we’re good to go! Tarpaulin is great to create a shelter with on rainy days and frost creates a magical winter wonderland!
Please ensure your child has layers of clothing appropriate to the temperature and the season.
We recommend that our rangers bring the following kit to change in to before each forest school session;
- Waterproof Top and Trousers or a waterproof all in one suit.
- Waterproof Wellington or Walking Boots with socks for insulation or a change if needed.
- Long Trousers – both in Summer and Winter to keep warm, dry and to protect from scratches, bites and sunburn. Base layers are great for thermal insulation!
- Long Sleeved Top – both in Summer and Winter, to keep warm and to protect from scratches, bites and sunburn.
- School Logo T-shirt - An optional ‘Guardians of the Forest’ school t-shirt is available to purchase online from Goodies for £4.50.
- Hat (for sun or warmth depending on the season) and waterproof gloves.
These should be old clothes or clothes that you do not mind getting dirty. They will get dirty.
Our rangers will change back in to school uniform after each forest school session, if it is a morning session.