Every child a Musician
Through our music curriculum at Guardian Angels’, we aim to:
- help all children be curious about, enjoy and reach their potential in all aspects of music and to enhance their understanding of related subjects, such as dance, art and drama.
- celebrate the inclusion of pupils with SEND and those who are experiencing other educational barriers.
- to deepen the knowledge and skills of those children who are gifted and talented in music.
- provide children with the time to reflect on, talk about their work and make changes where necessary.
- introduce children to the work of a wide variety of musicians of both their own and other cultures and traditions, enabling them to feel part of their community and have a better understanding of the world in which they live.
- teach the children and give them experiences in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and The National Curriculum 2014. Our schemes of work and skills progression ensure continuity and progression through all key stages.
- encourage children to develop original work through experimentation and use of music as a form of communication.
- give children musical opportunities to contribute to the spiritual life of the school and be involved in regular performances which enhance self-esteem.