Modeshift Stars works with a committee in school to promote effective travel plans and sustainable travel in education.
Guardian Angels’ Current Aims
To improve safety measures for our families and our local community.
- To improve on-site facilities.
- To relieve parking pressures for our local neighbours.
- To increase active travel, improving health and wellbeing.
Initiatives / Action Plan
- Working party set up (June 2021)
- Bike to school Week – September 2020 / 2022 (Air quality initiative)
- Reduce traffic; staggered start and finish times have been helpful in reducing traffic congestion and make the local environment safer (completed 2020-2021).
- National Schools Sports week- Promoted active travel to school (completed June 2021)
- Street Safe closure – Requested for Melrose Avenue to be closed during school drop off and collection times to alleviate traffic, reduce pollution and increase sustainable, active travel (August 2021).
- Number of Pupils completed Bikeability Training (2020-2021) - 60 Level 1 and Level 2. Pupil bike count survey completed (June 2021). Our school council have asked for a safe lockup facility for bikes/scooters. Lockers in classrooms are already in place for helmets to be stored in. Applied for a grant for a bike/scooter shelter via TFGM (August 2021)
- Possible Bikeability level 3 in preparation for high school transition (TBS) / promote IGO bus pass for local travel.
- Share a bus with local schools for swimming sessions at the Castle Leisure Centre
- Complete Parent and Pupil Voice Consultations
- Road Safety Sessions & Highway Code sessions via Bury Council- Year 2, Year 3, Year 5 (practical and theory
- Travel to school audit completed (June 2021)
- Committed to Living Streets – WOW campaign to promote sustainable travel to school (2021-2022)
- Completed STARS Sustainable Travel and Road Safety Audit (2021)
- Trips - local area walks (EG Burrs)
- School Trip
- Climate Change Curriculum Lessons - Geography
- Eco Status