Guardians of the Forest
Where we grow, alongside nature.
1) Forest School is a long-term learning opportunity consisting of frequent and regular sessions, that takes place in a natural environment throughout the year, in all weathers. Forest School aims to foster a partnership between pupils, parents and teaching staff to deepen our understanding and shape future learning experiences. The cycle of planning, observation, adaptation, and review links each session.
2) Forest School Forest School uses natural resources whilst considering sustainability to stimulate and extend imagination and curiosity.
3) where all involved can grow in confidence, resilience and independence, both physically and psychologically. Forest School aims to link, where possible, curriculum and life experiences in a meaningful way with hands-on practical investigations.
4) The use of tools and fire form a part of the Forest School Programme following the interests and abilities of the learners. Strict safety procedures are adhered to and robust risk assessments in place.
5) The adult to child ratio is dependent on the age and number in the group. All adults on site are aware of policies and procedures relating to Forest School.
6) lanning to achieve this is achieved by observation of and communication. Play and choice are integral features of Forest School. Equal value is given to all ages, abilities and learning styles. Forest School gives time for calm reflection, understanding of achievements and the development of emotional intelligence in order to plan our next adventures.