The Organisation of the Curriculum
at Guardian Angels’ RC Primary School
Curriculum Aims and Values
To aims of the curriculum:
- To provide every child with a Catholic education based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ in which our schools Mission Statement and the Gospel Values underpin all aspects of school life.
- To recognise and celebrate that every child is made in the image and likeness of God and to provide an inclusive curriculum that meets the needs of each child.
- To create a curriculum that is enjoyable, creative, challenging and enriching; a curriculum that provides every child with the skills and knowledge to become confident, lifelong learners.
Gospel Values that underpin our curriculum
The Gospel values link with the fundamental British values:
Democracy The Rule of Law Individual Liberty
Respect Justice Equality
Community Honesty Community
Service Forgiveness Courage/Resilience
Mutual respect for the tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
Love, Peace, Faith
Curriculum Responsibility 2019-2020
- RE - Miss K Pegg
- SENco - Mrs A Doyle
- English - Mrs D O'Boyle
- Reading - Mrs S Scully
- Maths - Mr D Arthur
- Science - Mrs M Hunt
- Music - Mrs A Sheikh
- PE - Mrs L Shaw
- PSHCE - Mrs C Hodcroft
- Computing - Mr O McEntyre
- History & Geography - Mrs P Armstrong
- Art & Design & Technology - Mrs L Rector
- Languages - Mrs J Birtwistle
- Child Protection - Mr D Arthur
- Pupil Chaplain - Mrs B Leigh
- Education Visits - Mr D Arthur
If you have any questions regarding the curriculum we teach, please contact the school directly.